Continuing Education Opportunity: Stepping Up to Supervision with Susan Beaumont
6 Sessions over 3 Weeks: May 11, 18, and 25
The total cost to register for all six sessions is $45. (For all Southeastern Synod Rostered Leaders - contact Pr. Michael Jannett - email@example.com - to learn about scholarships for this event.)
Are you stepping into unfamiliar territory where you must supervise others, or have you been supervising others for some time without a clear understanding of what you’re doing? Supervision, especially in a faith-based environment, requires learning new skills – probably skills you did not learn during your professional formation. This event provides you with practical skills and tools for supervising the work of others, and aligning the work of the team with the overall goals of the congregation.
The course will be offered in 6 sessions over 3 weeks:
This continuing education opportunity is sponsored jointly by the North Carolina Synod, the South Carolina Synod, the Southeastern Synod, and the Virginia Synod.
- Supervision in a Congregation-What’s Unique About That? (May 11 - 10:30 AM to Noon)
- Setting Performance Expectations (May 11 - 1:30 to 3 PM)
- Crafting Feedback Conversations (May 18 - 10:30 AM to Noon)
- The Annual Performance Appraisal (May 18 - 1:30 to 3 PM)
- Hiring Right So Managing is Easier (May 25 - 10:30 AM to Noon\
- Progressive Discipline and Termination (May 25 - 1:30 to 3 PM)