Lutheran Church of the Redeemer has been in Midtown Atlanta for over eighty years. LCR is a vibrant church recognized for its beauty, warm hospitality, faith formation, commitment to community, inspiring music, and powerful preaching. The Church is seeking a Children and Family Ministry Director. This is a Full-Time position. The Children and Family Ministry Director works with volunteer teams to administer the Faith Formation programs for young people beginning at two years old through the fifth grade. Interested applicants should possess a College degree. Experience with this age-group is helpful. The applicant must be able to work in a team environment with parents and church staff. Previous Church experience is a plus.
Oversee, develop and implement faith forming curriculum and programs that encourage faith formation through Christian education, service and fellowship.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Oversee Children’s Sunday School
- Recruit, train, and support Sunday school teachers for children two years old through fifth grade.
- Oversee Faith Stepping Stones; work with pastors and volunteers to teach Faith Stepping Stone classes and retreats.
- Maintain classrooms, bulletin boards and supplies. Provide curriculum for teachers.
- Oversee Children’s Church
- Recruit, train, support and schedule leaders and assistants.
- Provide curriculum and supplies for leaders.
- Educate parents and the congregation about role of children in worship and strategies for learning to worship.
- Oversees Children & Family Ministry Events
- Support Children & Family Ministry Team in planning events throughout the year.
- Assist the team in evaluating mission fulfillment and family engagement for each event.
- Works with the Children & Family Ministry Team in providing learning opportunities during Advent and Lent
- Oversee Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Recruit leadership team and volunteers.
- Support team in organizing activities, obtaining supplies and producing VBS; train and support volunteers.
- Work with staff and relevant volunteers for facilities issues related to VBS.
- Supervises the Nursery Staff
- Work with the nursery coordinator for scheduling and maintaining the nursery
- Responsible for hiring nursery staff
- Train, manage and support nursery staff
- Oversee budget for all areas of Children & Family/Children’s Faith Formation, and Nursery.
- Coordinate communications and publicity for all areas of Children & Family/Children’s Faith Formation.
- Liaise with Pastors and member care for care concerns related to families with children
- Facilitate opportunities for intergenerational ministry.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills to facilitate relationship building with children, parents, congregation members, employees, and colleagues and supervisors.
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative community, employing a growth mindset and participating in ongoing professional development.
- Desire and ability to develop an atmosphere of trust and knowledge of children and parents.
- Ethical behavior, professionalism, and regular and reliable attendance.
NOTE: The process for employment at Lutheran Church of the Redeemer includes a post-offer drug (hair) test and background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands from wrist to finger, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This position offers a generous salary and some flexibility with work hours.
Interested Applicants should send their Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.